Power Point Slides from Laptop

If you are looking for help with a job or are available to work list here

Power Point Slides from Laptop

Postby stepheng » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:47 pm

I need help on how to record Power Points slides from a laptop (either PC or MAC) during a live presentation. I have an Atomos Ninja 2 which as HDMI input, but I assume I need some sort of splitter out of client's laptop to go to my Ninja and also to their projector. Please advise on what type of splitter to get or other alternative method, whichever is best, thanks.
stepheng

Re: Power Point Slides from Laptop

Postby SteveFox0228 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:03 pm

I would recommend getting the PowerPoint file from the customer and editing in post, adding the slides.
The problem recording from the laptop, you need to know what kind of output the laptop has (15 pin VGA, DVI, HDMI) you would also need to have pass through device to go to the projector. Lots of variables to deal with or to go wrong. You also need to know what resolution the laptop will be set to.

If you have the PowerPoint File you can output the presentation as a movie and set the output to the resolution you will need matching the format you are recording the event in.

If the presentation being recorded is going to be live streamed then you will need to do your homework well before the event and I would recommend testing before the event to make sure everything works.
Steve Fox
Everclear Video Productions
Sony Cameras, FCPX
SteveFox0228
Site Admin

Postby drgno » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:55 pm

IF you know they are using the HDMI output from the computer for the projection/presentation, you could use a HDMI splitter to tap off an HDMI input for your Ninja. Even then, I'd do what Steve suggest & get the original ppt presentation for post-production editing, if needed. Belt and suspender.
drgno

Postby Elite Video » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:58 am

I have usually had to open the original PPT file and export them as individual images. The original PPT dimensions were usually 4:3 so I would edit the background image to 16:9 to avoid the pillars on either side. An easier way to do this would be to dedicate a camera to the screen and just record it real-time. Then it is just a multi-cam edit going back and forth as needed.

Rob
Elite Video

Return to Services Available or Needed